CALIFORNIA ADVANCED SERVICES FUND PUBLIC WORKSHOP – SACRAMENTO, CA – APRIL 29, 2019
Commissioner Martha Guzman Aceves and staff from the California Public Utilities Commission invite you to a public workshop in Sacramento on April 29, 2019. This workshop is a chance for the Commission to consult with regional consortia, stakeholders, local governments, the federal government, existing facility-based broadband providers, and consumers regarding unserved areas of the state and cost-effective strategies for expanding access to broadband.
Preliminary details of the workshop are included in the attached agenda and information sheet. Please direct questions to
Caleb Jones ((415) email@example.com ) or Phil Enis ((415) firstname.lastname@example.org).
Program Description and Application Instructions
The California Advanced Services Fund (CASF) is allocated to four CASF accounts and a pilot program:
- Broadband Infrastructure Grant Account
- Rural and Urban Regional Broadband Consortia Grant Account
- Broadband Public Housing Account
- Broadband Adoption Account
- Line Extension Pilot Program (To be implemented soon)
The CASF is funded by a surcharge rate on revenues collected by telecommunications carriers from end-users for intrastate telecommunications services.
Questions about this program should be directed to:
- Adoption, Consortia and Public Housing Accounts – Selena Huang (415) 703-5247 email@example.com
- Infrastructure Account and Line Extension Program – Tom Glegola (415) 703-2438 firstname.lastname@example.org